‹ Back to search results
Business Development Manager
26256_BH Sales & Marketing United Kingdom - Surrey £60K / Year
Business Development Manager â€“ Defence sector, SC Security Clearance - Â£40K - Â£60K
Our client, well established in the defence industry with close ties to defence agencies is looking for a Business Development Manager, reporting directly to the Sales and Marketing Director.
- A desire to be Security Cleared to SC level therefore past or current clearance is desirable.
- Proven track record of success in a Sales capacity within the defence sector across the UK and overseas.
- Direct experience and knowledge of appropriate UK Defence customers with DE&S, Army HQ and JFC.
- Communication skills at multiple levels
- Capable of â€œhuntingâ€ new prospects, pipelining and managing existing relationships with a view to upscale.
- A proactive member of the Sales and Marketing Team taking responsibility for ensuring that the annual order intake budget is achieved, and business capture campaigns are realised to support the company strategy.
- Maintaining regular contact with key customer groups in industry and the UK MoD including DE&S, JFC, DSTL and Army HQ and Law Enforcement & National Security (LENS) Agencies
- Identifying and prioritising sales opportunities and maintaining an accurate account of prospects and campaign plans.
- Leading the development of key prospect Capture Plans in line with the company strategy and order intake budget.
- Working with a bid team to support you in the development of winning bids. A key element will involve communicating customer requirements, so the Bid Team can develop compelling and winning proposals
- Leading and producing pricelists and estimate sheets for smaller requirements or ongoing programs of smaller buys with the support of the Finance team
- Supporting the Strategy & Business Development function in market analysis and marketing campaigns
- Helping to promote the company capabilities and solutions to external customer groups and industry partners including the development of marketing material where necessary
- Representing the company at trade shows and exhibitions to promote the capabilities on offer