‹ Back to search results
Ruby on Rails Full-Stack Engineer (d/f/m, Berlin)
31878_BH Web Technologies Germany - Berlin €65K - €75K / Year
Ruby on Rails Full-Stack Engineer - Berlin
The company is seeking an experienced Full-Stack Developer (Ruby on Rails) to join their skilled engineering team. The successful candidate will work alongside other experienced full-stack software engineers to advance the architecture and development of their Data Commerce Platform. The code developed will reach 100k+ monthly users and help organizations and teams across the world access the data they need.
Why this job is unique:
- Variety of challenges, including data engineering, B2B payments, technical SEO, consumer-style UI/UX for B2B interactions, marketplace integrations, and many more.
- Great autonomy, co-create the product, and influence product decisions. You will also help shape a new software category, Data Commerce, and you can shape a whole new industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building well-tested features from scratch and touching every piece of the tech stack (FE, BE, DB). They will also review code from their peers to improve code quality and coach/help them to learn and grow. The candidate will implement easy-to-use web UIs for B2B users that are used to subpar experiences and enable international payments considering global taxation, B2B checkout methods, etc. Additionally, they can engineer a globally distributed data warehouse and fulfilment centre for secure data delivery, co-develop a scalable microservices architecture that enables future growth, and collaborate closely with the founders and colleagues from a product, business, and marketing.
Transparency is one of the clients 9 principles for building the company they love. So here's the deal:
- Participation in the virtual employee stock options program (VESOP)
- 28 days of vacation, flexible working hours, a â‚¬1.032/year public transport mobility budget (Ã–PNV/BVG)
- Inflation bonus in the amount of â‚¬125 net per month
- Equipment of the candidate's choice, a highly-motivated, close-nit team with extremely talented and fun colleagues
- Fast career growth path, no corporate BS, proactive promotions, and salary increases
- Work from home whenever the candidate wants with their hybrid office policy
- Stylish penthouse office in the center of Berlin, standing desks, 1 Gbit/s internet
- Most importantly free snacks & drinks as well as quarterly team offsites and monthly night-outs.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- At least 2+ years of experience as a full-stack software engineer
- Substantial teamwork experience with code reviews and retros
- Practical experience in building and scaling Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience in application architecture, micro-services, and containerization, and a strong user focus and web development experience.
- Experience working in multiple dev teams with different setups, practices, and stacks
- Experience working on e-commerce platforms and online marketplaces
- Experience working with international B2B payment processing
- Experience working with/built data warehousing technologies
- Experience working on splitting monolithic applications into micro-services, ambition to become a team lead and shape the team
- Experience and affinity to coach junior engineers.